WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SAMEA memberSHIP
Becoming a SAMEA member is a straightforward process. Please read the following:
Registering as a user on the SAMEA website
- Complete and submit the user registration form on the SAMEA website: member.samea.org.za/register.
- You will receive a confirmation email on the email address that you provided during registration. This email contains a link that you need to click to confirm your registration. We need to do this to prevent spam registrations.
- Click the link to activate your user registration.
- Once activated the link will forward you to your personal dashboard.
- Clicking the activation email will also trigger an email inviting you to join our SAMEATALK listserv.
Subscribing to a membership plan (becoming a member)
Note that beneficiaries of an institutional membership plan do not need to subscribe to a membership plan.
They will be registered by the primary registrar( a designated member from your institution) or by our administrator.
- On the user dashboard you will see 'You have no subscription. Click here to select your membership plan'.
- Click that link member.samea.org.za/subscribe.
- You can now chose the membership plan you want to subscribe to. More info on these can be found here: www.samea.org.za/become-a-member.
- Select your plan and confirm.
- This will trigger an email with an online payment request. The email contains detailed instructions on how to pay your membership fee. Please follow the instructions to the letter? Specifically make sure that you use your membership reference number as payment reference.
- The dashboard will now contain a link to download the invoice for the subscription plan you selected.
- Once your payment has been received our SAMEA information officer will capture your payment and activate your membership.
- You will receive an email confirming the activation of your membership containing instructions on how to complete your membership profile and how to get published in our membership directory.
Publishing your membership profile
- Once our SAMEA information officer activated your membership you will see a membership profile section on the dashboard. To edit your profile click the link member.samea.org.za/user?page=profile.
- Complete all fields and click the 'Update details' button at the bottom.
- This will take you back to the dashboard where you will see a switch 'PUBLICATION OF YOUR PROFILE'. Switch on to publish your profile in the membership directory.
Email address and avatar (profile picture)
- If you ever want to change your email address or your profile picture click the edit details link on your dashboard: member.samea.org.za/user?page=account.
- In case your email address has changed and you forgot your password please contact [email protected].
membership certificate, invoice, statement
The dashboard contains links to view and download your SAMEA membership certificate, a statement of account, and an invoice.