Wits School of Governance : Lecturer / Senior Lecturer specialising in M& E
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, acting through its Wits School of Governance (WSG) seeks to make an appointment at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level.
- A cognate PhD (Senior Lecturer) or Master’s degree (Lecturer)
- Practical experience in the fields of evaluation, monitoring, planning and/or policy making
- Solid theoretical understanding of evaluation, monitoring, planning and policy-making
- A track record of research (Senior Lecturer) and/or the development of related training materials, manuals, or course curricula
- Experience in postgraduate teaching or executive development, and significant teaching experience for appointment at Senior Lecturer level
- Experience in supervising students on Master’s (Lecturer) and/or PhD research (Senior) projects
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, capacity building and supportive approach to developing a new generation of M&E professionals.
Please apply via i-Recruitment: www.wits.ac.za/vacancies
Please include the following:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV with the names and e-mail addresses of 3 referees.
Your references should include referees from both academia and practice
- Certified copies of your degree/diplomas
- South African ID and/or copy of passport if not a South African citizen.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.