Twende Mbele : Rapid Evaluations Approach
Terms of Reference for Consultant
Twende Mbele is a multi-country peer learning programme on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in Africa. It’s founding country partners are Benin, South Africa and Uganda with Ghana, Kenya and Niger added on as collaborators. Since it began operations in 2017, Twende Mbele has worked closely with Benin, South Africa and Uganda to improve their National Evaluation Systems (NES) through creating demand for M&E, sharing learnings on M&E and creating tools collaboratively to improve M&E systems.
The objective with these terms of reference is to contract a consultant to work for the Twende Mbele Programme, who would work closely with DPME to draft a comparative analysis of different rapid evaluation tools, and to then adapt/design/develop tools, templates and guidelines for the rapid evaluations approach in the public sector.
The following are expected outcomes from the project:
- A desk-top comparative analysis which explores existing rapid evaluation tools in sectors and compares them to enable judgement on which would be most ammenable to the South African Public Service.
- Two rapid evaluation tools, including relevant templates and guidelines for the application of the rapid evaluation approach for piloting by DPME.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICIATIONS
- Professional degrees and post-graduate qualifications in governance, evaluation, planning and development studies or other relevant fields
- At least 7 years experience designing and using evaluation tools
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain excellent relationships with key partners, especially in distance-working relationships
- Understanding of the South African public sector
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
If interested, please submit your CV and a proposal with a budget and ideas on how to do the project to [email protected] by 11 December 2018.
For more information about this opportunity, please see the above attachment