SEAD : DATA Analyst
Data analyst and information product development specialist
We are looking for an experienced data analyst with a background in information science and a record of working in the health field. We expect that the Data Analyst will be able to perform the following functions among other duties which may be delegated on an ad hoc basis:
- Assist SEAD SI teams working at district levels, as well as other technical specialists in SEAD and partner organisations, in data cleaning, collation, analysis and charting
- Develop and populate tools and dashboards with data from a range of sources
- Develop tools for cleaning, blending, shaping, analysing and visualising data
- Provide occasional training and support in use of MS Excel and other data management or analysis programmes
- Collate information for purposes of quarterly and annual reporting
- The Data Analyst will be based in SEAD’s Cape Town office
- The work will be mainly office based, although some travel to district sites and partner meetings will be required
Key competencies and experience sought
- At least an undergraduate degree relevant to data management, information systems, data analysis and data utilisation
- Experience in creating data visualisations and supporting the use of data in practice
- Familiarity with foundational concepts and practices in the field of M&E
- A high level of computer literacy
- Prior experience in working with health information systems and health data in the District Health System is desirable
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience in using Tableau or similar software
- Adept in blending data from disparate sources and shaping data sets for analysis
- Good presentation, facilitation, mentoring and training skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personality traits expected: flexibility, adaptability, self-confidence, passion for learning, attention to detail, professional behaviour, strong communication skills, leadership, self-motivation, and being a good team-worker.
- Applications should be sent by 16 November 2018.
- Applications should include a CV and letter of application outlining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position, as well as relevant experience.