Australia Awards in Africa : Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
To assist in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy for Australia Awards in Africa. The Senior M&E Officer will support the M&E Manager in data management, analysis and packaging of program reports and evaluation for wider dissemination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and support the M&E Manager in the full implementation of the Australia Awards in Africa M&E Strategy.
- Assist with the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities as specified in the M&E Plan
- Analyse data, including quantitative survey program data, quantitative program data for periodic reporting, and qualitative data gathered during interviews.
- Contribute to the annual review of the M&E Strategy and Framework and assist in reflecting the changes in the technical sheets of indicators.
- Assist in research and evaluation activities. The Senior M&E Officer will join teams in the implementation of evaluation studies, including arranging logistics for field work, data collection via interviews in the field or by phone, and/or through online surveys, and contributing to data analysis and reporting writing.
- Support in the packaging of M&E results to Australia Awards stakeholders, this will involve working with the Communications team in preparing infographics for reports and debriefs
- Draft data collection instruments (i.e. surveys, interview protocols) to be used in special studies and/or for distribution online to target groups.
- Interpret and use results for program improvement. This involves analysing data with a view toward feeding lessons and recommendations back into program implementation.
- Review Short Course Awards (SCA) reports and provide comments.
- Compile and consolidate SCA reports, share with providers and DFAT
- In consultation with the Communications Team prepare individual pieces and thematic stories based on M&E outputs for wide circulation
- Other duties from time-to time, as may be reasonably required by the M&E Manager
- Perform other activities as required by the M & E Manager
- Attend all relevant staff meetings
- Participate in relevant HR and performance management processes
- Report all suspected and/or detected fraud within 24 hours of discovery and in accordance with DFAT’s Fraud Policy and the Palladium Fraud Risk Assessment and Management Plan (FRAMP).
- Lead and contribute to the Six-Monthly report, Annual Plan and M&E reports.
Qualifications and experience Essential:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Statistics, Social Science, or any related field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation or social research preferably in the International Development sector
- Knowledge of evaluation concepts and procedures
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including Excel and other Statistical Packages
- A strong knowledge of data visualisation tools and graphics software is advantageous.
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyse problems with implementation.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure and balance several competing tasks at once.
- Demonstrated understanding of data management
- Demonstrated people skills with a flexible and collaborative personal style
- Be prepared to provide off site and after-hours support.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Highly desirable:
- Fluency in any/all Portuguese, French, would be highly desirable. Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in data analysis and use of data visualisation software
- Demonstrated experience in design and working with complex databases
- Identifies process improvements and discusses with immediate supervisor.
- Works with people of all backgrounds with a respectful attitude
- Actively works to support the delivery of the objectives of Australia Awards – Africa and encourages others to do this too.
To apply please click here
The successful candidate must have existing rights to work in South Africa or Kenya. Gross Salary: R 34,083.00 – R 45,446.00 plus medical aid and provident fund.