UNICEF : Team Member
Purpose of the Evaluation
The purpose of the evaluation is twofold: First and foremost, the evaluation will be a global public good informing the sector, contributing to learning and knowledge exchange on what works for strengthening child protection systems for children on the move. Within UNICEF, it will inform strategy development, design and implementation of future UNICEF initiatives in the realm of protecting children on the move from violence, exploitation and abuse. A secondary objective is to contribute to UNICEF’s accountability for its performance and results. Depending on the maturity of programme implementation, this may not be fully feasible in all settings. The evaluation will contextualise why countries have taken different approaches to work towards expected results.
The Team Member will be working under the supervision of a Team Leader (external consultant) and in collaboration with another Team Members (data expert/UNICEF staff member). National consultants will support the evaluation locally in Somaliland and Puntland (Somalia), Ethiopia and Sudan.
- Provide child protection and migration expertise in all aspects of the evaluation;
- Collect, record and analyze data in accordance with the overall evaluation approach, plan and timeline;
- Ensure use of consistent interview protocols and templates for recording observations;
- Lead on designing topic guides for focus groups and interviews and on obtaining ethical approval for the evaluation;
- Draft sections of the report as assigned by the Team Leader.
How to apply:
Applications must include:
- CV, which should include up-to-date contact details of at least three reference persons or P-11 form, which can be downloaded from: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Short cover letter with the following information:
- Description of the applicant’s interest and relevant qualification/work experience for this assignment;
- A financial offer, with a single comprehensive daily rate in USD. Applications submitted without this rate will not be considered.
- A concise technical proposal (2-5 pages, A4/letter) laying out how the applicant proposes to contribute to the evaluation. This should include context-specific and child protection/migration related expertise and information going beyond what is detailed in the concept note.
- At least two samples of previous evaluation reports (authored or co-authored by the applicant).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about this opportunity please click on above link