Special Investigating Unit (SIU) : Manager-Strategy Planning
(Ref No. SIU19/04/024)
The SIU is an independent statutory body established by Proclamation R.118 of 31 July 2001, issued in terms of the Special Investigating Units and Special Tribunals Act no. 74 of 1996 as amended (“the SIU act”). The purpose of the SIU is to investigate serious malpractices, maladministration and corruption in connection with the administration of State Institutions, state assets and public money as well as any conduct, which may seriously harm the interest of the public. Furthermore, the purpose of the SIU is to institute and conduct civil proceedings in any court of law or a special tribunal in its own name or on behalf of State Institutions.
SIU is in search of a new performance-driven and dynamic individual who will drive the implementation of the new strategy that will position the SIU as a leading Anti-Corruption Agency in South Africa, underpinned by a performance-driven culture.
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following permanent position:
Main purpose: To manage and facilitate the SIU’s Strategy and Annual Performance Plan and oversee the development process through the provision of strategic and business planning support across the organisation, in accordance with the Strategic Management Framework. To develop performance agreements for the leadership team.
Minimum qualification and experience: B Degree in Business Administration or Business Management or Public Administration or equivalent (NQF7). Recognised training in Supervisory or Management Development Programme would be advantageous. 5 years’ experience in the facilitation of strategy formulation and implementation, of which 2 years is at a management/supervisory level. Experience in a forensic investigation environment would be advantageous.
Key performance areas (include but not limited to): Support the Development and Implementation of the Strategy Management Framework (SMF) and Strategic Planning Tools. Facilitation of the Strategic Planning Process. Facilitation of the Development of Executive Performance Agreements. Staff Management. Budget and Asset Management.
Technical skills: Analytical. Communication. Conflict management. Interpersonal. Facilitation. Coaching and mentoring. Presentation. Risk management. Report writing. Planning and organizing. Research. Relationship management. Diversity management. Financial management. Attention to detail. Collaborative. Deadline driven. Results oriented. Influential. Integrity. Strategic thinker. Team player.
Required knowledge (includes but not limited to): Sound knowledge of strategy development and implementation methods, models, and theories, e.g. Scenario Planning, Environment Scanning (SWOT, PESTLE Analysis), Chaos Theory, etc. Sound knowledge of quality assurance principles.
Applications for this post can be forwarded to [email protected] or Fax to Email 086 451 0094
For more enquiries, please email to [email protected]
- The appointment of candidates will be at the SIU’s sole discretion and the Unit reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- The SIU encourages electronic applications (email). Please seek the assistance of an HR Practitioner in your application should you experience any difficulties.
- All applicants must complete the SIU Application form. The Application Forms can be downloaded from https://www.siu.org.za or visit SIU’s file share on https://siushare.siu.org.za (Click on Enter as Guest).
- The SIU is an Anti-Corruption Investigating Unit and requires applicants to make full and honest disclosures on their application forms.
- Fraudulent qualifications or documents will automatically disqualify candidates.
- All candidates (internally or externally) may be subjected to integrity and vetting procedures and a favourable end report is essential for this position.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Please be advised that depending on the total number of applications received, the processing of applications may take some time. Candidates who have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The SIU is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. Preference will be given to persons from designated groups in line with SIU Employment Equity requirements.
- The salary offered will be in line with the SIU approved salary document, which may change subject to relevant approvals and annual increases.
- Late applications will not be considered after the closing date