SEAD : Strategic Information Advisor
SEAD is seeking to recruit a talented and energetic strategic information advisor to work as part of the its Strategic Information (SI) Team, serving the needs of a five-year TB/HIV Care Association led Grant (PEPFAR/CDC: Oct 2016 - Sep 2021), which is implemented by a Consortium of partners.
The overall scope of work under the Grant includes direct provision of health services (DSD) as well as technical assistance (TA) to the Department of Health, with the aim of improving the reach, effectiveness and sustainability of HIV and TB prevention and treatment services at facility and community levels.
The SI Advisor will serve the strategic information (SI) needs of the various Grant sub-programmes, as well as provide SI support to the District and develop SI capacities within the District Health System.
- The persons will be managed by and report to the SEAD SI Manager in East London;
- The work undertaken will involve some travel within the district and this requires possession of a driver’s license and ideally access to a private motor vehicle.
Experience and competencies required
- A strong portfolio of M&E and SI experience in the health field in South Africa, and in particular the district health system;
- Good knowledge and experience of current DOH district health information systems;
- Data management and analysis experience, and at least intermediate MS Excel skills;
- Experience in creating data visualisations and supporting the use of data in improving practice;
- Experience in conducting training and providing technical support in this area;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, mentoring and training skills and experience;
- Post-graduate qualifications covering relevant aspects of M&E, data management, health information systems, programme evaluation and data analysis will be an advantage;
- Personality traits expected: flexibility, adaptability, self-confidence, passion for learning, attention to detail, professional behaviour, strong communication skills, leadership, self-motivation, and being a good team-worker.
- Applications or queries should be sent to:( [email protected]) and cc’d to Dr Kevin Kelly ([email protected]) and Ms. Gcobisa Simandla ([email protected]).
- Applications should be sent on or before 8 November 2019.
- Applications should include a CV and letter of application outlining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position, as well as relevant experience.