PACT: Research Psychology Master's Internship
The goal of PACT GCBS (Government Capacity Building and Support) programme is to strengthen Department of Social Development systems at national, provincial, and district levels, with a specific goal of improved service delivery to children and reduced incidence of HIV and AIDS.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Intern will be based at Pact South Africa’s Faerie Glen Office, however, but will be afforded the opportunity to work with some of its district-based staff.
This position reports to the Senior MERL Advisor (a registered Research Psychologist with the HPCSA). The support supervisor for the internship will be faculty at your university. The MERL Intern will provide support on the GCBS Strategy 2 activities with emphasis on conducting quantitative and qualitative research, including design, implementation, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support in the design and implementation of identified GCBS research activities;
- Undertake studies identified based on GCBS gap analysis
- Develop a research proposal based on gap analysis
- Collect data relevant to the studies identified based on gap analysis
- Assist in the development and reviewing of data collection tools and collect data GCBS routine programme monitoring data collection in Tshwane
- Assist in the development of reviewing evaluation data collection and GCBS routine data collection in Tshwane
- Prepare and code data relevant to the study identified based on gap analysis
- Capture data relevant to the study identified based on gap analysis
- Publish GCBS papers (if accepted)
- Support processes in the areas of research ethics and research methodology to all components of the GCBS;
- Support processes for improving data management including any required data capturing, collation, analysis as well as maintaining the filling systems for the GCBS;
- Support in the dissemination of GCBS programme evaluation results, Semi-annual & Annual reports;
- Disseminate results for studies based on gap analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned including: joining the admin team for administration tasks as needed, assisting the program team in written translation
Key skills and qualifications
- M1 in Research Psychology complete;
- Some experience in research design, data collection and analyses, research documentation and dissemination;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Excellent language skills;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
- Perform functions with a view to safeguarding the best interest of Pact SA
- Ensure that regular backups of data are completed
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected]. Also attached is the full ToR.