Proposal for an Impact Study of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) in the Basic Education Sector
The PYEI-BEEI was implemented from 1 December 2020 to 30 April 2021 in public schools across the nine (9) provinces. An implementation framework (Annexure A) was developed to guide implementation by provinces and ensure uniformity. An inventory of training programmes (Annexure B) was also developed to ensure that there was skills transfer for the assistants. This also provided a list of priority training programmes, linked to certain sector priorities. In addition to the five training initiatives, schools were required to ensure that all assistants received orientation and were trained in the National School Safety Framework (NSSF) and the Standard Operating Procedures for COVID-19. Implementation of the orientation programme, Curriculum and Reading Champions Programmes involved a cascading training model, where officials at provincial, district, circuit and school levels were trained.
Experience and expertise required
- The prospective service provider should have the capacity and resources to implement the impact study.
The prospective service provider should have expert (or demonstrable working) knowledge of the following:
- Expertise and experience in conducting evaluations, preferably focused on the education sector;
- Knowledge of impact evaluations will be considered an added advantage;
- Knowledge of teaching and learning in public schools;
- MS Office suite with a demonstrated ability to work in and with digital files.
- Experience in developing instruments for data collection, preferably applied to the education sector;
- Preference will be given to experienced researchers at the advanced PhD /post-PhD level with a proven record of conducting independent qualitative research in schools.
How to apply
Further information can be found in the attachment.