Principal Evaluation Officer
The Principal Evaluation Officer contributes to the delivery of the division work program by leading moderately complex evaluations, supervising evaluation teams, and mentoring and coaching junior colleagues, and supporting work programme management and the Independent Development Evaluation Department’s quality assurance activities of the Bank’s interventions (including policies, strategies and operations) in the areas covered by the Division, in particular activities related to the private sector, infrastructure (including transport, ICT, urban development, water and sanitation), industrialization, power systems, energy, climate change, and green growth.
KEY FUNCTIONS: Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager Division:
- Undertake Evaluation Activities
- Undertake Meta-Evaluations and Meta-Analyses
- Undertake Evaluation Quality Management
- Contribute to the capture of learning from evaluation design to evaluation dissemination for use
- Manage human and financial resources
- Promote the mandate of the evaluation function and contribute to the creation of an evaluation culture
- Contribute to positioning the Independent Development Evaluation Department as an innovator
- Contribute to building strategic alliances and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Contribute to the preparation of Independent Development Evaluation Department’s three-year rolling work programme and annual report
- Perform any other assigned tasks
Please see attachment above
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
http://www.afdb.org (search Current Vacancies)