PACT: Provincial MERL Advisor
Reporting to the Performance Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, the Regional Provincial MERL Advisor will be an employee of Pact but will be based within DSD Provincial Office in Mpumalanga. This is a Pact specialist position that will report GCBS activities at the level of DSD Director at the province.
Minimum Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and coordination support in the implementation of work plan activities for strengthening MERL capacity by generating and using high quality data for decision making at provincial and district levels
- Provide oversight and management of the MERL Capacity development agenda including training activities at provincial level.
- Provide support in establishing systems for supervision, mentoring and coaching of MERL staff at district levels
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities to initiate action;
- Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge; creates/contributes to mechanisms to collect and share knowledge;
- Actively seeks learning opportunities; demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Proposes innovative ideas and new solutions to work.
- Good technical knowledge of capacity building approach to programming;
- Ability to contribute effectively in team-based setting, especially in the area of knowledge-sharing and learning;
- Strong skills in networking, knowledge sharing, collaboration and facilitation work online and face to face;
- Ability to write clearly and convincingly, adapting style and content to different audiences; speaks clearly and convincingly, demonstrating strong presentation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills;
- Anticipates partners’ needs; demonstrates understanding of clients’ perspectives; solicits feedback on service provision and quality;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of focus Education and Experience
- A Masters’ degree in Social, Behavioural or Health Sciences with practical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities in the HIV/AIDS health sector.
- 7 years relevant professional experience in evaluation and research design, data collection and analyses, indicator construction, curriculum development and computer software, i.e. MS Word and database programs.
- Experience with evaluation and impact reporting to donors and project managers, demonstrating both analytical rigor and practicality.
How to apply
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Provincial MERL Advisor and Province” to [email protected] Closing Date: 31 July 2020