Senior MEL Advisor
The ACF is a year-old strategic grant making foundation working at the nexus of climate change and development on the African continent. We are committed to shifting the narrative on climate change and development and finding novel solutions to complex African challenges. We are part of an influential network of strategic grant-making foundations and thought leaders in the field of climate change and development. The ACF strives to be an equitable organisation which reflects the diversity of the African continent. Preference will be given to African candidates.
The MEL Advisor will lead the development and implementation of a robust Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework, which will include
- the indicators and tools necessary to facilitate measurement of progress and ensure compliance of projects with The ACF standards, policy frameworks and best practices.
- the indicators and tools necessary to measure ACF progress and compliance with donor requirements
- Create and implement a cohesive Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework, which includes but is not limited to theory of change review, data collection, assessment, reporting and programmatic reviews.
- Develop and implement coherent processes for data collection, assessment and reporting
- Identify meaningful KPIs and metrics with quantitative and qualitative data sources to underpin projects, programmes, ACF’s theory of change and strategy.
- Conduct data analysis in relation to specific projects, to support the team in identifying learning points and strategic priorities for effective interventions.
- Support the Theory of change for each of the strategic areas and consolidate the ToC of each area into a broad ACF ToC.
- Identify resource and capacity requirements for M&E Framework and function
- Masters in Statistics or Data Management
- 8 – 10 years’ experience at a senior level in a Grant Making or Philanthropic organisation
- Proven track record of developing M&E frameworks, including logic models, Theory of Change, KPIs, qualitative and quantitative indicators.
- Excellent analytical skills and the capacity to analyse complex qualitative and quantitative data coming from multiple sources and create visual representations.
- Ability to apply and communicate complex findings and analytical outcomes to diverse audiences and across different mediums
- Competent in database applications for data collection, analytics and reporting; spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel, Stata, SPSS, R) data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
- Previous experience in the Climate and/or Development Sector is advantageous.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates your understanding and experience of MEL in philanthropy and/or grantmaking. Closing date is 16 August 2021
For further information, visit www.africanclimatefoundation.org.