Measurevalue : Business Development Officer
Measure Value strives to become a premier monitoring, evaluation and research firm in Africa, measuring REAL change for Africans, by Africans. We support socio-economic impact and value by closing the gap between aspirations and evidence-informed actions, offering sound evidence and solutions to corporates, governments, non-governmental organisations and bilateral and international organisations, and financing agencies in 11 African countries.
Measure Value seeks a dynamic and qualified a Business Development Officer to join its diverse team. The Business Development Officer will play an integral part in new business acquisition and development, working closely with our principal consultant and network of African consultants to develop strategies that reflect our vision and expand our monitoring, evaluation and research footprint.
Responsibilities and description of the tasks
The Business Development Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement the Measure Value business strategy;
- Regularly scan local and international sources including development forums, newspapers and the Internet to identify potential tender bids, calls and requests for proposals (RFPs) for Measure Value to respond;
- Develop and maintain a system for monitoring calls for proposals, including a timetable for those calls that are issued periodically;
- Lead the development of writing proposals, investigating and approaching potential collaborating partner agencies, and negotiating with collaborating partners and donors;
- Provide advice to the principal consultant and our current team on major donors’ priorities, monitor market trends and identify gaps and niches within monitoring, evaluation and research-related issues
- Lead and manage the monitoring, evaluation and research portfolio, including creating an engaging, collaborative and supportive work environment;
This position requires a strong technically experienced and a strategic thinker, who has entrepreneurial skills and can make well informed and timely decisions.
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences with a good understanding of, and experience with main monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Strong understanding, knowledge and experience of major donors and funding trends in international development; • Proven experience in grant and proposal writing;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in business development in international settings and with for- or non-profit organisations or a track record of strong commercial insight is preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and negotiation skills focused on results and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in successfully leading corporate fundraising activities including opportunity identification, capture management, technical solution design, proposal writing and costing;
- Ability to work remotely in a multi-cultural setting, with experience functioning in a virtual work environment.
Measure Value is a small, dynamic and growing consulting company offering a stimulating (international) working environment. We are a flexible and adaptive organisation with limited hierarchy. The position is part-time (11 days per month) and includes the opportunity to work from home. The initial contract will be for 3 months and subject to satisfactory performance and achievement of deliverables, the contract may be upgraded to full-time and/or extended until the end of 2019. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.measurevalue.co.za
To apply: If interested, please email a cover letter (max. two pages) describing your ability to meet the requirements of this vacancy, a resume (max five pages) with three contactable professional references, writing sample and remuneration expectations to [email protected] before 20th April, 2019.