The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation: M & E Specialist
With a drastic need for quality education and jobs, people living in South Africa deserve sustainable solutions that lead to opportunities for better life outcomes. Therefore, the foundation is focused on making investments that measurably create lasting change in a significant number of lives and improve the lives of children and youth living in poverty. The foundation’s Performance Insights team is focused on measurement and evaluation of our grant making from conceptualization through to reporting and provides analytical support to program teams to drive strategic investment decisions-making.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks may include, but are not limited to: Lead the program team in the development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system and oversee routine program monitoring activities. This includes:
- Participating in the development, definition and calculations for metrics to evaluate grant and portfolio outcomes;
- Engaging with multiple grant and investment portfolios to implement internal performance measures of reach (number of people served) and quality;
- Coordinating and managing data collection and reporting needs across multiple grantees;
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly reports to update progress on measurement efforts to leadership teams;
- Participating in data analysis and drafting of related reports and/or presentations including regular review of progress on performance with program and leadership teams;
- Provide technical guidance and support to evaluation activities of partner projects.
- Facilitate sharing insights from M&E efforts with the foundation’s grant partners and other stakeholders;
- Provide technical assistance to program staff in the design of complex initiatives using key M&E documents (e.g., logic models, evaluation and monitoring plans, theory of change documents, etc.);
- Manage business processes related to outcomes management across multiple functional teams to ensure reports and information are updated as required;
- Manage evaluation related projects and technical vendors as required;
- Support quantitative and qualitative analysis and visualization of program-related datasets;
- Support data management and data governance of grantee and program-related datasets in partnership with internal data services team; and
- Participate in team meetings across offices in the United States, South Africa and India as required.
- Master’s Degree with applied measurement experience, such as social science, international development, public policy, education, data science or related fields 5-7 years of relevant experience working with data analysis, program evaluation, research design, and/or survey development, preferably in an educational, health, or social impact environment.
- Familiarity with analytical and reporting tools such as Excel, SPSS, STATA, R, PowerPoint, Tableau (among others) to conduct analysis and present data Well-developed organization skills, project management experience, combined with a keen attention to detail. Independent, and self-driven, and should have the ability to drive components of complex multi-functional projects.
- Previous experience with managing complex datasets and underlying technology infrastructure is a plus.
- Comfortable presenting information across various stakeholder groups including, but not limited to leadership team, program teams, grantees, and other external stakeholders.
- Personal or professional experience working with communities that the foundation serves and a deep commitment to measurably improving the lives of children and families living in poverty.
How to apply
Candidates can apply by visiting the website: https://www.dell.org/who-we-are/careers/