International Organization for Migration (IOM) : Developing a training manual and conduct training on contemporary M&E Data Management and Utilization
Terms of Reference (TOR)
The objective of this assignment is to produce and submit to IOM a training manual on innovative M&E data management (collection, quality assurance, analysis, presentation and utilization) utilizing modern ICT tools (hardware or software) and co-facilitate a workshop on the same to staff and partners for a regional migration health project. This workshop is planned to take place from the 17-22 September 2019 in South Africa. The workshop aims to improve how data is managed at the different levels of implementation and to encourage innovative packaging and use of programme data for reporting, progress tracking, visibility and engaging with different stakeholders. This workshop will also be treated as a trainer of trainer’s workshop as the expectation will be that once it is completed, the country coordinators and the IP M&E staff will be in a position to roll out the M&E training to those who are involved in the data management process.
The expected outcomes of this training are:
- Improved understanding of M&E concepts among key programmes staff in the six implementing countries;
- Improved understanding of basic statistical concepts in data analysis;
- Enhanced understanding and utilization of ICT (i.e. dashboards, GIS, cellphone technology etc.) in M&E data collection, management and utilization;
- Enhanced skills in conducting basic data analysis and interpretation, data presentation, and data feedback;
- Introduction to production, design and editing software’s for designing print media such as publisher and in-design;
- Increased understanding of practical approaches to improving the use of M&E data in programme’s decision making
Interested individual consultants should submit their applications to Human Resources Unit through [email protected] with clear reference of the advert in the subject line by Tuesday, August 27th 2019. The application should include a cover letter indicating the consultant’s professional fees (in USD) as well as brief statement on previous experiences, approach to the assignment and the CV of lead consultant. Only shortlisted individual consultants will be contacted.