International Organization for Migration (IOM) : National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Vacancy reference number : SVNROSA2018/04
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM addresses the migratory phenomenon from an integral and holistic perspective, including links to development, in order to maximize its benefits and minimize its negative effects
Required Qualifications and Experience Education:
- University Degree in any of the following areas: Monitoring and Evaluation; Community or International Development Studies; Project Planning and Management; Development Economics; Demography or Development Statistics; Project Management or Business Administration; or other related social sciences from an accredited academic institution with at least Two years of experience.
- Applicants holding a specific M&E training certification in M&E in addition to the above general areas of training will be considered favourably
- Provable knowledge and experience on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) methods and M&E data and information management is required. (such as a certificate indicating specific training on M&E)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with international organizations such as INGOs, the UN and other multilateral organizations is an advantage
- As M&E is built on research methods, the incumbent must possess at least some basic knowledge and experience in research methodology
- Knowledge of social development issues as well as general migration related issues in the country and the region
- Good knowledge of project cycle management, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Project Managers, key stakeholders relevant for effective M&E
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint. Knowledge of at least one data analysis software such as SPSS, STATA will be an added advantage.
Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of French is advantageous
Method of application:
If you are qualified for this position, please send your letter of motivation, up-to-date Resume/CV, copy of ID and Complete IOM Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from this website:( https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy) to [email protected]:
When you send your application, please specify the Vacancy reference number i.e. SVNROSA2018/04 on the subject line of your email. We will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
For more information about this post, see attachment above