Tshikululu : Ecosystem of governance and controls review
Service provider’s Terms of Reference
Tshikululu works with a leading key player in the tertiary education funding landscape that offers a range of private bursary programmes. The entity has worked with different universities and, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges. The entity has experienced several challenges in executing its mandate over the years. Of particular concern has been the growing demand for financial aid, which the entity cannot meet due to government fiscal constraints. In addition, broader issues of skills shortages are prevalent in the nation, particularly across science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
When proposed, the model was envisaged to address broader societal issues in South Africa, including:
- reducing the high dropout rates of poor and working-class students in the higher education and training sector;
- improving the employability of funded graduates;
- improving the skills profile of the country; and
- improving the partnership between the government, the private sector and higher education institutions in supporting poor and “missing middle” students.
The service provider shall provide the following documents:
- overview of the company, including its directors and management’s credentials to establish good standing
- tax compliance/exemption certificate/company registration;
- proof of legal registration of the company; and
- broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) certificate/ affidavit.
- Business Resume;
- organisational Transformation Plan;
- Team member CVs;
- Project Proposal including the budget, methodology and workplan;
For more information please see attachment above