Freedom House : Emerging Monitoring & Evaluation consultants
Freedom House is seeking consultant(s) to conduct individual snapshot case study research at local government level in Nelson Mandela Bay, Rustenburg, Makhado, Mbombela, eThekwini and Mbizana municipalities in South Africa.
Scope of Work:
- Familiarise themselves with the aims and methods of the project
- Conduct field based case study research to assist Freedom House in evaluating the performance of project partners in the sites in which we work as well as effectiveness of interventions to date
- Conduct interviews with project partners, community residents, key stakeholders and municipal office bearers to ascertain whether partner have adequately identified critical service delivery challenges and opportunities for engagement
- Consolidate and produce a single report of research findings in the selected site. The report should be both descriptive and analytical, and make recommendations for both the partner organisation and Freedom House Southern Africa.
Successful consultants will provide full documentation of the process and outcomes of the work. Qualifications: The successful candidates should be based in one of the above mentioned South African municipalities/provinces and should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Postgraduate degree in monitoring and evaluation/ the social sciences with two or more years of professional experience,
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional experience in one or more of the following areas: public participation, popular education, public policy, local government service delivery;
- Familiarity with the context within which the work is to be undertaken.
- Should be an active SAMEA member
Freedom House will only accept proposals from individuals and not for profit companies.
The consultant(s) will be paid at a daily rate, negotiable within Freedom House accepted consultancy rates. All other costs required for the successful completion of the consultancy, such as material and ground travel expenses, are to be identified in consultation with and provided by Freedom House.
Application Guidelines: Please submit an application consisting of the following to Ms. Mpangi Kwenge, [email protected], by November 30, 2019.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter detailing experience and suitability for this consultancy
- Desired daily rate and estimated number of days. Please note that consulting rates must be justified in the proposal by reference to previous work
- Two references from work conducted in the last 24 months