Impact Economix: Evaluator/Researcher
Impact Economix is a research, strategy and evaluation consultancy. We specialise in economic development (with a focus on private sector development through enterprise, industrial and rural/ agricultural development and competitiveness in both urban and rural agro contexts) and improving government service delivery through creating an enabling business environment. For further information on what we do please visit www.impacteconomix.com.
Responsibilities will include (see Annexure for detailed job description):
- Developing research and evaluation proposals;
- Developing evaluation designs and methodologies as well as research instruments;
- Managing and conducting surveys and fieldwork;
- Managing data collection;
- Conducting data analysis; and
- Report-writing and editing.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Post-graduate diploma or Masters degree in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills;
- Good understanding of descriptive statistics and qualitative research methods (experience in conducting literature reviews and developing theories of change an advantage);
- Microsoft Office, Internet and email computer skills (SPSS and Atlas_1ti skills a plus);
- Knowledge of and ability to develop indicators and design monitoring and evaluation data collection instruments (interview schedules, questionnaires etc.);
- Knowledge of the use of graphic presentation including computerized graphics;
- Experience with research design, data collection techniques incl. surveys, data analysis and report writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Language proficiency in more than one of the eleven official languages a plus;
- Strong report writing skills and analytical approach;
- Motivated and self-driven;
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and ensure efficient time and self-management;
- Fluency in English (additional South African languages such as Xhosa, Zulu etc. will be an advantage);
- High energy level;
- Ideally located in Cape Town.
We search for self-motivated people who dedicate themselves to the success of our clients. This position would suit a flexible and articulate candidate that works well in a team, is target driven, ambitious and hard working. Candidates must be able to reside and work legally in South Africa. Remuneration will be dependent on the level of qualifications and experience and skills.
How to apply
Please send us your CV, together with your letter of motivation, an example of a recent report that you have written, certified academic results for both undergraduate and post-graduate (if relevant) degrees, and three contactable references to Rae Wolpe: [email protected] by Monday 17th January 2022.
Ideally the successful applicant should be in a position to resume duties in February 2022.
We reserve the right to not make an appointment, should we not find the right candidate. If you have not received a response to your application by 30th January 2022 then please view your application as unsuccessful.
See attachment for detailed job description