Tshikululu : Due Diligence - NGO Early Childhood Development (ECD) Expansion Programme
Call for Proposals
Scope of the due diligence:
The objectives of the due diligence study, among others, will be to:
- define and analyse the organisations proposed operating model;
- identify whether the model is worth replicating;
- ascertain if the organisation has sufficient resource capacity;
- understand the organisations finances and costing (financial due diligence); and
- observe its impact on beneficiaries.
The due diligence study should aim to answer the following questions To what extent is the proposed programme needed?
- Are there similar programmes that target the same centres that is being targeted under this programme?
- How is this programme different to other ECD programmes?
- Are the organisations that have been identified not participating in any other ECD programme?
- Total number of ECD centres (estimated) compared to how many the Department of Social Development funds?
- Is it necessary for the organisation to implement this programme at this scale?
- What role would other key ECD partners play? Are there any other organisations worth partnering with?
- How does the Department of Social Development assist those organisations that do not meet the criteria to be funded – i.e. if a centre fails to meet structural requirements, does the department assist?
- What impact does the existence of other organisations providing similar assistance have on the proposes Programme? Does the organisation have the capacity to implement this programme at this scale?
- Does it have the expertise and human resources to implement this programme?
- Has it identified the partners needed in the programme (social workers, community partners, wellness partners, etc.) at all levels?
- Does the organisation have capacity to offer centres all the support that is needed to be registered i.e. would it have financial capacity for structural and health requirements that need to be met before the centres are registered by the department?
- Should the organisation not have the financial capacity to support the centres to meet registration requirements, how would that change the impact of the programme? This is, however, not an exhaustive list. Requisite documents to be submitted in response to this call for proposals
1. A full proposal with detailed project plan, as well as the expected delivery dates of key project deliverables. It is expected that the due diligence should not take more than three months.
2. Service providers should also provide a budget breakdown of the proposed activities.
3. A profile (or CVs) of the evaluation team should be provided, along with references and examples of previous work.
4. A valid BBEEE certificate (supporting document)
5. A valid Tax Clearance certificate (supporting document)
Proposals submitted should not exceed 15 pages in length.
Completed proposals, together with supporting documents, should be e-mailed to Julian Peter, at [email protected]
Please include the following reference in the subject of the email: Due Diligence on ECD Expansion Programme
Please submit all proposals no later than 30 November 2018 (by 17h00).
For more information about this advert, please see the above attachment