SAMEA: part-time Coordinator with an M&E background
The SAMEA Coordinator will be responsible for advocacy, fundraising, financial administration and oversight over the operations of the association to promote and achieve its objectives as guided by the SAMEA Board, SAMEA Memorandum of Incorporation, policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that SAMEA’s annual workplan is implemented effectively; communicating with donors and partners; coordinating member events; tracking monthly expenditures and other financial tasks. The Coordinator will manage the Administrator who is responsible for administrative tasks and the day-to-day activities of SAMEA.
SAMEA is looking for someone who is confident in managing institutional relationships, driving initiatives and designing systems that facilitate the effective functioning of the organisation. The ideal coordinator is someone who readily takes initiative and also implements routine processes systematically and consistently. The position offers flexibility in terms of the distribution of working hours through the week; at the same time, it requires flexibility from the appointee to attend events and see high priority tasks through, in a way that may not always fit into a standard schedule.
Key Performance Areas and Scope of Responsibilities
The position reports to the SAMEA Chairperson and Board of Directors. An indicative description of responsibilities is provided below. Note that this is not exhaustive; the incumbent may also be required to perform additional similar tasks to achieve SAMEA’s objectives.
● Oversee administration and coordinate SAMEA tasks across all Portfolio Committees
● Liaise with Portfolio Committee Chairs to monitor the status of each portfolio and conduct mid-year and end of year reviews
● Develop and maintain portfolio update documents, incl. Dashboard(s).
● In collaboration with the Administrator and SAMEA Board, develop the systems necessary to ensure the efficient administration of SAMEA business.
● Manage SAMEA’s knowledge management system to ensure historical and up-to-date inventory of strategies, policies, procedures, reviews, competencies, research studies, etc.
● Build strategic partnerships for SAMEA and for specific Portfolio objectives.
● Liaise with partners, donors and affiliations.
● In collaboration with the Administrator and accountable portfolio members develop newsletters and other communiques.
● Oversee and manage any website enhancements.
● Manage the online election process with the website service provider.
● Coordinate the provision of webinars and capability building workshops.
● Support the Conference portfolio committee to coordinate the delivery of a successful conference (every two years).
● Oversee periodic organisational reviews.
● Support the M&E competencies effort.
● Responsible for knowledge management on financial transactions.
● Coordinate financial management tasks as instructed by SAMEA Board and Treasurer.
● Support the preparation of the annual budget and financial reports.
● Support the fundraising objectives of the SAMEA Board by preparing promotional and administrative materials, as well as performing any additional ad hoc tasks as instructed.
● Manage procurement of goods and services.
● Maintain director records with CIPC and CSD.
● Ensure that SAMEA is tax compliant and maintain all legal documents.
● Liaise with external stakeholders on financial matters, including accountants, bankers and an appointed professional conference organiser.
● Support the Treasurer with the development and implementation of the Financial Management policies and procedures.
Competence Requirements for this Post
The ideal candidate should have:
● An Administration Diploma or equivalent
● At least three years of experience in project or stakeholder management
● A high standard of verbal and written English language skills
● Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
● Experience in coordinating workshops and other events
● Demonstrated ability to build strategic relationships and fundraise
● Relevant financial management skills
● Experience working in the M&E or Research fields
● Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
● Valid work permit or be legally able to work in South Africa
● Management experience will be an advantage
Candidates should be able to work from home based on an agreement with the board. Preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with or have some experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or have worked with a voluntary organisation, think tank or academic institution.
SAMEA offers a competitive salary. The candidate will be required to work 80 hours a month on SAMEA business.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted to [email protected] no later than 16h00 on 25 February 2021. Please make sure your application is accompanied by an application letter and CV with three contactable references. Please contact Marla Naidoo at [email protected] or +27 10 447 2572 for any enquiries.