Comic Relief: Consultant / Team to conduct final evaluation of the second phase of the Maanda programme
The overall aim of the programme is to improve the opportunities and wellbeing of women and girls in Sub-Saharan Africa. The programme consists of two distinct phases, the first phase was delivered from 2013 to 2020 and second phase started in 2020 and will finish in 2024. Phase Two of the programme invests in 12 projects implemented by national and international civil society organisations including established African women’s rights organisations and grant-making organisations. Partners are based in Sierra Leone, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Malawi and we particularly welcome applications from consultants with previous working experience in these countries.
Evaluation Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the outcomes and achievements of the second phase of the Maanda Programme and Comic Relief’s role in these linked to its grant making and grant management approach. To do this, the evaluation will:
- Assess the relevance of the Maanda Programme (Phase 2)
- Understand how funded partners’ projects improved women and girls’ lives, and how interventions have aligned with and/or responded to the changing priorities, needs and practical requirements in their operating environments
- Understand the effectiveness of Maanda Programme (Phase 2) in relation to the programme’s outcomes, the empowerment frameworks and Theories of Change
- Assess whether the programme created the conditions for sustainability for its funded partners’ projects
- Assess the effectiveness of Comic Relief’s grant making and management approach (this question will cut across the other four).
We expect to appoint the successful tenderers by late December 2022, with commencement of work to start in early January 2023. The maximum budget available is £44,000 excluding VAT (if applicable) to cover all fees and expenses.
Tenders must be submitted by 17.00pm (UK time) on Thursday 1st December 2022 to [email protected] with the subject “Application – Final Evaluation – Maanda”.
Any applications received after this time will not be considered. If you have any queries in relation to your submission or to any requirements of this tender, please e-mail [email protected].
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to discuss their proposals in more detail at Comic Relief’s discretion. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure your application is complete and meets the requirements laid out in this Terms of Reference (see attached). Please ensure that you read and fully understand the requirements. Failure to comply may lead to your proposal being rejected.