Jobs Fund: Communications Officer
The Communications Officer will be responsible for coordinating the planning and execution of the knowledge sharing and communications activities of the Jobs Fund Project Management Office (PMO). This includes producing content, organising events, sourcing information, monitoring, and responding to internal and external enquiries, managing databases and records, and contributing to the Jobs Fund (JF) communications strategy.
This individual is expected to, amongst others:
- Hit the ground running and quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of the organisation, its strategy, its projects and where it is located within South Africa’s development landscape;
- Use their creativity to put forward ideas to promote the work of the Jobs Fund.
- Have excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Gather information for the production of good quality, relevant articles/content.
- Manage the Fund’s social media accounts.
- Have excellent professional etiquette and display this at all times.
- Be comfortable working independently, keeping track of deliverables and ensuring communications targets are met on time, as per the expected quality standards.
How to apply:
More information on the role can be found here: https://www.gtac.gov.za/careers/ or https://www.gtac.gov.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/G22-2022-GTAC-Advert-for-Communication-Officer.pdf
Please note that all applications must be accompanied by the following required documents, failure to upload all the required documents may result in your application being disqualified:
- Duly completed and signed Z83 form – available on the Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC) careers page.
- The vacancy title and reference number should be clearly indicated on the Z83 form.
- Recent comprehensive CV.
- Certified copies of your qualifications (certified copies should not be older than 6 months).
- Certified copy of your ID (certified copies should not be older than 6 months).