CLEAR AA : Emerging Evaluators Internships x 3
CLEAR-AA in partnership with SAMEA is cognizant of the need to support and develop emerging evaluators.The CLEAR-AA learnership programme for Young and Emerging Evaluators is intended to expand the depth and breadth of their academic learning as well as applied methods in the field of M&E in South Africa.
The CLEAR-AA learnership will provide an opportunity for three young individuals to receive experience in applying M&E theories learned in the classroom to specific experiences in the community and work world. The learners should preferably have completed a Masters in M&E or a directly linked M&E short course with a masters in development studies or similar social field
The successful appointees will undertake a range of tasks designed to build their skills and provide them with experience.
These will include:
- Organising workshops and assisting with the logistics and facilitation for training, technical assistance and learning events.
- Assisting with program administration
- Carrying out evaluation-related research and writing
- Assisting with data gathering for various technical assistance projects
- Writing evaluation and research reports
- Undertake quantitative and statistical analysis, data entry and data cleaning.
- Support Business Line managers to draft reports.
- Engage with social media to raise the profile of CLEAR-AA, including writing articles (content production) for the CLEAR-AA website, appropriate work related tweets (Twitter) Facebook and blogging.
- An intention to make a career as an evaluator or in the M&E field
- A Masters degree or post-graduate qualification in development studies, public and development management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field of study;
- Ability to be a team player and comfort in working in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to clearly analyse and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing;
- Attention to detail and knowledge of academic protocols and standards;
- Innovative and strategic thinking ability;
- Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement
To submit your application for the above mentioned post, please register (https://irec.wits.ac.za) and upload your detailed curriculum vitae including covering