World Food Programme : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer P2 - FIT Pool
These jobs are primarily found in Country Offices (CO), covering both the Monitoring and Evaluation functions. Positions can also be found in Regional Bureaux (RB) and Headquarters (HQ), where some might be specialized in either Monitoring or Evaluation. Job holders at P2 level are expected to support the development and implementation of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation Plans aligned to WFP corporate standards to generate quality evidence on the lives of beneficiaries and inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. This includes coordinating monitoring activities, managing or supporting the management of decentralized evaluations, supporting thematic/mid-term reviews and positioning WFP as a reliable partner for governments to build monitoring and evaluation strategies. They may also support the formulation of country monitoring and evaluation strategies, and contribute to policy development and various initiatives.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Provide inputs to the development of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plans that will provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other global and regional plans), while being compliant with WFP evaluation and monitoring requirements.
- Budget for M&E costs and advocate through line manager for both appropriate financial and human resourcing. Provide feedback on the formulation of the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Strategies and support their operationalization.
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through making monitoring, review and evaluation findings accessible developing innovative, user-friendly and informative products.
- Support WFP Management in addressing recommendations from monitoring, reviews and evaluations to ensure that follow-up actions are taken as required. Contribute to building M&E capacity of WFP staff and partners through training and information sharing.
- Manage junior staff members and guide as required to enable high performance. Provide inputs to line manager regarding the development and implementation of national government and inter-agency monitoring, reporting and evaluation frameworks, including United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) aligned with nationally-owned sustainable development goals.
- Take responsibility for integrating protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
STANDARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, statistics, development economics, performance management, monitoring and evaluation or other related fields; or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- The university needs to be recognised by Unesco https://www.whed.net/home.php
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience including monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Has experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods.
- Fluency (level C) in English.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN Language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish and/or WFP’s working language Portuguese. Language will be tested.
Apply online through this link