Valcare NPC: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Valcare is a Not for Profit Company (NPC) based in Paarl, Western Cape, with a network of over 200 organisations. Valcare aims to ensure that social effort has actual impact. This is achieved by activating and enabling social change in collaboration with key stakeholders. Monitoring and Evaluation forms a vital part of Valcare’s operations and allows Valcare to measure the impact of its grants, operations, programmes and interventions and it ensures accountability to donors and stakeholders.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Social Impact Manager to develop, implement and manage a robust monitoring and evaluation model and system within Salesforce or other suitable platform.
- Design and implement clear monitoring and evaluation strategies, policies, procedures and templates.
- Evidence and Data Gathering through the design and initiate of baseline surveys to establish the impact of partners, projects and interventions.
- Conduct regular, systematic and evidence-based reviews and site visits of partners, projects and interventions.
- Submit regular reports with supporting evidence, on partners, projects and interventions
- Support the Social Impact Manager in providing content for developing high quality funding proposals including Agreement with Valcare’s core values evidence of impact of projects, stories, pictures, future intervention implementation
- In liaison with the Social Impact Manager conduct research on needs and community development trends, advise on the development of solution-oriented strategies based on research and M&E findings and assist in the implementation strategies
- Assist in training of Valcare Network Members in implementation of their own monitoring and evaluation systems and theories of change
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required. Afrikaans and isiXhosa advantageous
- Excellent presentation and presentation skills
- Experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems at programme level including automated Monitoring and Evaluation Systems and GIS platforms
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Graduate or Post Graduate degrees in M&E or development
- 3 years experience within M&E and preferably in NGO sector.
- Agreement with Valcare’s core value
- Valcare offers a market related salary package, including expenses and travel allowances, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Successful applicants will be stationed at the Valcare offices in Paarl but will conduct regular site visits and must be prepared to travel nationally if necessary.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen or have a valid South African work permit.
- Applicants must have their own vehicle and a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
How to apply:
- Applications, must include a letter of motivation and CV with at least three references.
- Applications should be submitted to [email protected] with the title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Application and your name, by midnight 9 October 2020.
- Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date of the screening test, your application has not been successful.