JET Education Services: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
JET Education Services seeks to recruit an M&E manager for the Anglo American South Africa Education Programme
The AASA Education Programme M&E manager: provides internal and external M&E support for the Anglo-American South Africa (AASA) Education programme which is being implemented in 85 schools and at ECD sites (between 80-85) over the period 2023-2026. The M&E manager is the custodian of the AASA Education Programme theory of change and M&E framework and is responsible for ensuring that M&E data is collected and analysed timeously and is available to the Programme Management team for evidence informed planning and decision-making. The M&E manager and Data Manger dedicated to this Programme will work in close collaboration with the implementing partners/service providers and provincial staff. The M&E manager oversees the M&E Officer: AASA Education Programme on a day-to-day basis.
The main responsibilities include:
· Providing leadership in developing/refining the AASA Education Programme theory of change and M&E framework, ensuring that it is reviewed and updated annually or as required.
· Providing leadership in the development of data collection instruments, report templates and data collection and analysis protocols.
· Ensuring that indicators outlined in the M&E framework are monitored and data is available in suitable formats for a range of stakeholders for evidence-informed planning decision-making.
· Providing training and support to AASA Education programme implementing partners/service providers and the provincial staff (business unit managers and coordinators) responsible for data collection.
· Working with the JET data unit/AASA Education programme data staff to ensure oversight and quality assurance of data collected by AASA service providers.
· Facilitating learning and reflection with the AASA Education programme team.
· Developing reports and presentations and delivering presentations for AASA and other programmes stakeholders as required.
· Being the main point of contact for the external evaluator, liaising with AASA Education programme colleagues regarding information required by the external evaluator and facilitating colleagues input into external evaluation reports as required.
· Line management/mentoring of the M&E Officer: AASA Education Programme.
· Ensuring adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures;
· Working in a flexible manner in line with the organisation and the AASA education programme’s objectives and be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested;
· Understanding the sensitivities of funders and partners and respecting confidentiality;
· Working confidently and productively on own initiative, and managing a diverse and demanding workload to set timescales and deadlines.
Education: A Master’s degree - M&E or another relevant discipline including research psychology, development studies, economics, statistics, education
Experience: minimum of 5-8 years in a similar environment, with at least 3 years management experience.
Required skills: Theory of Change/M&E framework and indicator development, data collection instrument development qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, reporting, data visualisation, presentation, M&E training/capacity building, results oriented, ability to work under pressure, excellent interpersonal skills, deadline driven, problem solving ability, conflict resolution, strong verbal and written communication skills, personnel management.
Knowledge of: M&E, the education sector and corporate social investment.
Attributes: Teamwork, delivery and performance orientated, attention to detail, diligent, ethical, professional.
● A valid and unendorsed driver’s license.
TASKS OR KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Implementation and management of M&E projects (75%)
· Conceptualizes M&E approaches/strategies and methodologies to answer evaluation questions and meet client’s objectives.
· Conducts document and literature reviews.
· Develops instruments to collect qualitative and quantitative data, manages data collection, capture and cleaning processes, analyses and oversees the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
· Manages the organisation’s relationships with relevant external consultancy agencies and consultants including drafting contracts with specified terms of reference.
· Develops project implementation schedules and manages implementation and project teams to ensure timeous delivery.
· Identifies possible risks and any mitigating strategies on how to deal with identified risk/s pertaining to the implementation of M&E projects.
· Negotiates deliverables and due dates with clients, including any changes to deliverables and due dates if required.
· Prepares M&E reports and related documents (Infographics, Executive Summary, Summary and detailed reports) for consumption by a range of audiences.
· Contribute and input into the development of board reports.
· Attend strategic and management meetings as required.
· Presents findings to internal / external clients
· Maintains a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of developments in policy and practice in relation to monitoring, evaluation and education in general.
Line Management of staff (10%)
· Ensures that each staff member within the Division has a reasonable work load.
· Monitors staff performance regularly.
· Puts remedial steps and development plans in place where appropriate.
· Records the above within JET’s performance management system.
· Mentor and manage the development of staff.
Financial Management (5%)
· Monitors and manages project budgets to ensure that resources are available and channelled to produce the planned deliverables within the approved budget.
· Ensure compliance with JET Financial policies and procedures.
Dissemination of knowledge (10%)
· Disseminate papers, monographs, articles, bulletins as per the organisation’s publication policy as well as at seminars and conferences.