JET Education Services: M&E Officer
JET Education Services seeks to recruit an M&E Officer, based in Cape Town or Johannesburg, to join the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) division
24 Feb 2023, 23:00
Cape Town or Johannesburg
Contact telephone number
Contact email address
Permanent after a 3 month probation period
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
The minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, previous work experience and competencies required to perform the job:
- At least an Honours Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation or a related/relevant discipline (e.g. Development studies, Education, social sciences), Masters would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods and demonstrated competence applying them to M&E assignments.
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office including Excel, internet and email computer skills are essential.
- Skills in analysis software packages such as SPSS, R, STATA and ATLAS.Ti a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and methods and how they relate to the education sector.
- Demonstrated competency developing/documenting theory of change, logic models and indicators
- Demonstrated competency designing data collection instruments (interview schedules, questionnaires etc)
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated competency developing presentations and deliver engaging presentations.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate in other South Africa languages would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven skills in organization, including time management.
- Ability to work confidently and productively on own initiative, and manage a diverse and demanding workload to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work overtime as and when project demands require it, within reason
- A valid drivers’ licence, ability to drive a manual motor vehicle and willingness to travel. Own vehicle a plus.
- Must have a South African ID or a valid work permit.
- Supports the coordination and implementation of a number of M&E projects concurrently which can include: internal M&E support to JET project and programme managers, external evaluations and M&E consulting assignments
- Contributes towards M&E project design
- Prepares for project inception – attends inception meetings and develops inception reports and work plans
- Assist with the development of theories of change, logic models and indicators
- Develop fieldwork training manuals
- Undertakes and manages quantitative and qualitative primary data collection as required
- Undertakes and manages data capturing and coding
- Undertakes and manages qualitative and quantitative analysis of primary and secondary data as required
- Prepares reports and contributes to reports for a wide range of audiences as required
- Develops graphics and presentations and presents findings to clients
- Attends business development meetings, and develops or contributes to the development of concept notes and proposals for possible new M&E projects
- Represents JET and the M&E Division at events as required;
- Undertakes other duties as required
- Interviews will be held the week of 6th March 2023. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to independent relevant reference checks. The total cost to company package offered is between R298 396,00 - R368 309,76 per annum.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to do an assessment.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online no later than 24 February 2023, 23h00. A link to the application form can be found at www.jet.org.za under the Vacancies tab. Late applications will not be considered.