Southern Hemisphere: Internship position
Southern Hemisphere is a leading, dynamic, socio-economic development consultancy based in Cape Town. We specialize in participatory development interventions with a focus on building learning organisations. We assist the State, NGOs, academic institutions, civil society organisations, foundations, CSIs, multi-lateral organisations and donors through the following portfolios: Applied Social Research and Evaluations; Programme Design, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation; Capacity Building; and Organisational Strategy. Southern Hemisphere is looking for a like-minded individual to join our team as an intern.
Where will an internship with Southern Hemisphere take you?
An internship with Southern Hemisphere is an opportunity for newly qualified students to be exposed to working in a consulting environment in the Social Development sector. With an office based in Cape Town, this internship combines the experience of professional and personal development. Due to the diversity of our work, staff and experience, an internship with Southern Hemisphere will allow the successful intern to:
- Be a part of the transformation and development process in Africa and globally;
- Make a real and tangible contribution to uplifting people’s lives;
- Develop a better, practical understanding of what it means to be grappling with development in the developing world context;
- Be involved in every facet of a small business’s operation;
- Be a part of a small but dynamic, committed, focused and fun-loving team;
- Integrate theory and practice, and develop one's practical research skills;
To qualify for an internship with Southern Hemisphere, one must meet the following requirements:
Have completed an MA programme in Social Sciences, Economics, Politics or Research Psychology
- Must be innovative, organised and flexible
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a research background (subjects in qualitative and/or quantitative Research Methodology
- The internship programme is offered for six months with possibility to extend for a further six months.
- We are now recruiting for the periods of: 17 January – 17 July 2022.
- Interns are expected to work a 40 hour week.
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of R8000 for the period of the internship.
How to apply
Please email us your CV together with a letter of motivation by Wednesday, 15 December 2020 to [email protected] highlighting:
- Your reasons for choosing Southern Hemisphere for your internship
- Your understanding of what we do as an organisation
- How you foresee us assisting you during your internship
- What you want to achieve during the internship
- The skills that you wish to develop / enhance
- The skills that you will be able to contribute to Southern Hemisphere
- A brief description of yourself as a person
Southern Hemisphere will recruit in line with the Employment Equity Act.
For further information, visit our website on www.southernhemisphere.co.za