World Food Programme : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer P4- FIT Pool
These jobs are primarily found in Country Offices (CO), covering both the Monitoring and Evaluation functions. Positions can also be found in Regional Bureaux (RB) and Headquarters (HQ), where some might be specialized in either Monitoring or Evaluation. Job holders at P4 level are expected to develop and implement Monitoring, Review and Evaluation Plans aligned to WFP corporate standards to generate quality evidence on the outcomes and effects of WFP’s interventions on the lives of beneficiaries and inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. This includes coordinating monitoring activities, managing decentralized evaluations, and thematic/mid-term reviews and positioning WFP as a reliable partner for governments to build monitoring and evaluation capacity. They may also formulate country monitoring and evaluation strategies, lead various initiatives and contribute to policy development.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead the development and implementation of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plans that will provide the most relevant and strategic information to manage progress towards achieving expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other global and regional plans), while being compliant with WFP evaluation and monitoring requirements.
- Ensure that adequate M&E costs are budgeted for and advocate for both appropriate financial and human resourcing.
- Provide inputs to the formulation of Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Strategies and support their operationalization.
- Develop a CO M&E strategy aligned with corporate and regional Monitoring and Evaluation strategies, as well as corporate M&E standards and guidelines.
- Advise and support evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through making monitoring, review and evaluation findings accessible developing innovative, user-friendly and informative products.
- Support WFP Management in addressing recommendations from monitoring, reviews and evaluations to ensure that follow-up actions are taken as required in complex portfolios.
- Build M&E capacity of WFP staff and partners through design and delivery of training and information sharing. Manage junior staff members and guide as required to enable high performance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of national government and inter-agency monitoring, reporting and evaluation frameworks, including United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) aligned with nationally-owned sustainable development goals.
- Represent WFP at national/ inter-agency meetings to contribute to technical discussions, exchange of best practices, identify opportunities for strengthening national monitoring and evaluation capacity and develop strategic partnerships.
- Take responsibility for integrating protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
STANDARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, statistics, development economics, performance management, monitoring and evaluation or other related fields; or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- The university needs to be recognised by Unesco https://www.whed.net/home.php
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in international development or humanitarian
- A minimum of four years of experience in managing complex monitoring and/or evaluation activities spanning a range of policies and programme initiatives. Experience in managing diverse teams of M&E staff.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese. Language will be tested.
Apply online through this link
For more information about this opportunity, please download the attachment above