SAMEA 2018 Capacity Building workshops
The organisers are herewith calling for proposals from local and international M&E experts, individual consultants, universities, South African government organisations, private sector training providers, and NGOs to facilitate professional development workshops. It is envisioned that approximately 8 workshops, ranging in length from 1-day to 2-day workshops, will be offered in parallel sessions at competitive rates to encourage maximum participation from both existing SAMEA members as well as the wider target audience of students, new professionals, programme managers, M&E practitioners, academics, consultants and more.
The presenters should select one of the workshop themes below:
1. Challenges and solutions for implementation of M&E systems in different contexts – national and provincial departments, municipalities, NGOS and CSIs (e.g. Integrated Results Based Monitoring & Evaluation System, strengthening relationship between planning and M&E, strengthening data management system, improving the quality of data analysis and reporting).
2. Applying evaluation theories and methodologies (e.g. use of systems thinking, use of programme logic and TOC in evaluation, selecting appropriate evaluation designs to address evaluation questions).
3. Innovation in data analytics and technology for M&E.
4. Managing evaluations both from perspective of the commissioner and the evaluator (e.g. developing terms of reference, assessing the inception report, quality assuring the phases of the evaluation reports, communicating the evaluation findings).
5. Use of evaluation findings by decision makers – programme managers, executive management, cabinet and legislatures.
Click here to download the 2nd announcement.