Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Bootcamp
What will you get?
Become part of this learning community; meet other monitoring and evaluation practitioners; advance your career and learn from Southern Hemisphere’s network of leading monitoring, evaluation and learning practitioners and from your peers; access great resources and be inspired.
What will it cover?
1. Introduction to Programme Design, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
· Demystify your understanding of Planning, monitoring, and evaluation terms and approaches through this module which provides an overview of:
- Approaches to programme design (Logical Framework Approach, Theory of Change and Outcome mapping
- Results based M&E
- Key programme planning concepts: Impact, outcomes, outputs, activities
- Key monitoring and evaluation concepts: effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, sustainability, impact, coherence.
- Understand the Theory of Change as a planning approach, product and process and how it informs evaluation design
- Design a Theory of change:
- Identifying your long term goal
- Build pathways of change
- Identify programme assumptions
- Communicate your theory of change
3. Developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans
- Developing plans for monitoring, evaluation and learning (including plans for data collection, analysis, reporting and learning)
- Designing tools for data collection
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Remote data collection
- Interviewing hints and tips
- Ethics of data collection
5. Communicating evaluation results
- Planning communications
- Report writing hints and tips
- Data visualization
- Developing a user friendly evaluation summary
- Most Significant Change
- Contribution Analysis
- Outcome Harvesting
- Experimental / quasi-experimental methods
- Elements of a monitoring, evaluation and learning system
- Organisational culture, leadership and its impact on MEL
- The importance of capacity strengthening for MEL
- Learning and reflection practices
- Using gender transformative approach in your evaluation practice
- Group or individual coaching sessions with lead MEL practitioners
- Practice collective intelligence with your peers in these dynamic case clinics.
- Generate new ways to look at a challenge or question.
- Develop new approaches for responding to this.