Southern Hemisphere: Introduction to producing virtual events
We are all taking our facilitation processes online! This stretches the range of competencies required as facilitators. In this introductory course we focus on the role of a producer in delivering great virtual events. We consider some of the producing tasks, focusing on Zoom but considering more general implications for producing on other platforms. Whether you are already performing the role, or a novice, this taster will enable you understand the role of the producer, improve your confidence to play this role and minimize disruptions in virtual facilitation processes.
What will it cover?
This 2.5 hour session will cover:
- The role of the producer and the interaction with facilitator before, during and after a facilitation process
- Distributing the producer role across a team during a large event
- How to provide basic technical support to participants, before and during the meeting, including basic adaptations to optimize bandwidth and stability
- "Tweaks" which can be made to the event design to make the producer's role easier and to 'de-risk' the event
- Key features of the Zoom dashboard which have producer implications
- Setting up and moving between breakout rooms
By the end of this 2.5 hours you will have:
- Experienced and discussed breakout rooms from a participant and producer point of view, and finessed the way in which you set them up
- Developed a repertoire of troubleshooting tips and practices
- Considered the information which should be provided in pre-event briefings
Where, when and how?
This course is delivered remotely online via Zoom. We are not providing a dial in option for this particular event: you will need to join via a Zoom app or an internet browser. A basic familiarity with Zoom is assumed. Refer to Zoom Participant Guide if you need to know how Zoom works. Please contact us if you need any particular support to be able to fully participate.
The language of this session will be in English.
- Date: Thursday, 15 October 2020
- Time: 09h50 - 12h30 (SAST) (To check if this time is suitable for you, in your time zone, please go to World Clock)
- Participants from US, Canada, Europe: $61 or ZAR 1070 excluding VAT
- All funders, consultants and private sector organizations: $61 or ZAR 1070 excluding VAT
- Participants from not-for-profit sector in Africa/Asia/Latin America: $36 or ZAR 640 excluding VAT
- Only valid for 1 participant - per registration
Book your tickets here: Introduction-to-producing-virtual-events
Want to know more?
Tel: +27 21 422 0205