Blog: EduCOVID TIG 2020
Posted 1 year ago
On 13 May 2020, SAMEA launched the EduCOVID Topical Interest Group via zoom. The TIG was initiated by SAMEA volunteers, so that M&E practitioners could talk to others and consider how they can support the education sector response to the COVID-19. The initiative was supported by the SAMEA secretariat and members of the SAMEA board. The EduCOVID TIG was open to SAMEA members and non-members and some cross-linkages with the BRIDGE M&E Community of practice were established.
The main mode of interaction was monthly zoom meetings, but the TIG also encouraged sharing of resources under a twitter hashtag #EduCOVIDtig. SAMEA hosted an EduCOVID TIG blog https://www.samea.org.za/blogs
The TIG hosted 4 meetings in the period during which schools were closed, and just after reopening of schools.
- 13 May TIG Launch & Visioning https://youtu.be/WiyaXzokv1o
- 2 July 2020 Learning briefs as a M&E tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J24vETzmLPY
- 23 July 2020 Inequality & Innovation in the Time of COVID-19 https://youtu.be/HIS_bixiThM
- 27 Aug 2020 Invitation for collaboration on M&E tools for hackathon
Thank you to the following individuals who participated in the EduCOVID TIG convening committee.
- Benita Williams Benita Williams Evaluation
- Benter Okelo BRIDGE Innovation in Education Organization
- Cara Hartley PDG and SAMEA Board Member
- Jennifer Bisgard Khulisa Management Services
- Kate Mwaura/Marla Naidoo SAMEA Secretariat
- Margie Roper Khulisa Management Services
- Matodzi Amisi CLEAR-AA
- Melissa King BRIDGE Innovation in Education Organization
- Takalani Muloiwa University of Witwatersrand
- Tikwiza Silubonde CREST at the University of Stellenbosch
- Victor Naidu DPME and SAMEA Board Member
- Eleanor Hazel JET Education Services
- Diliah Mutambara Private
- Mayibongwe Manyoba Khulisa Management Services
- Vuyiswa Ncontsa BRIDGE Innovation in Education Organization
- Jerusha Govender Data Innovator
Write a comment
To comment you must be registered and logged in.