Background on Chapters
SAMEA is growing into a matured association for the advancement of M&E in South Africa. Small, regional networks of SAMEA members are being formed which support local events. Thus far, three of these groups have organised themselves as types of Chapters. They include: Western Cape, Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. We strongly support this development and welcome more chapters to grow in the rest of the country.
Strategies for membership growth
It is foreseen that nine regional Chapters will be established, as each region attracts enough membership to warrant establishment of a regional Chapter. Regional Chapters will be supported or established as follows:
- SAMEA will provide financial incentives for regional Chapters to grow. To this end, they will be entitled to a certain percentage of the registration fee of each recruit. In this regard, Chapters will be encouraged to step up the recruitment drive.
- A formally established Chapter may approach the national SAMEA body for awarding of a fundraising function. Fundraising for specific projects prioritized by the Chapters will be coordinated and supported by the national SAMEA Board, but only if the Chapter has more than 20 signed up and activated members.
Formalisation and management of the Chapters
The formal Chapter shall be launched when there is a minimum of 20 members. The regional liaison board member or co-ordinator who currently facilitates regional support and growth shall preside at the launch and elections of leadership. The leadership shall be elected through secret ballot by members in good standing (i.e. members who have paid membership fee). Elections of the Chapters will be facilitated by the regional and membership portfolio of the Board. The management structure shall be as follows:
- Deputy Secretary
The Chapter management shall be responsible for running the Chapter and organising regional conferences, seminars and workshop in consultation with the Board. The management will also be responsible for growing its membership.
If you would like to receive more information on the Chapters you are welcome to contact the SAMEA office at email@example.com
- 12th EES Biennial conference.
- Current trends in Impact Evaluation Methodologies.
- Theory of Change Eval Café.